TVRCC forum naming and shaming policy
The Naming and Shaming Policy on the TVR Car Club forum is there to protect both Member and any third party involved.
- Disputes with any company are best dealt with on a one-to-one basis offline.
- There are always two sides to every story.
- Whilst we would appreciate a Member's wish to come on the forum and highlight a bad experience with any company, especially one with TVR connections, it should be appreciated that rarely does any company post up on our forum (or any others) and therefore they lose the 'right to reply'.
- Even if the company concerned did post online, the TVR Car Club considers that a dispute argued in public is no way to resolve a matter and indeed would take steps to prevent such a situation occurring.
- When a Member posts any detrimental remarks about any business, the TVR Car Club then becomes a publisher of those remarks. As a Club we have no way of knowing if the remarks are factual, especially as many disgruntled posts are written in an emotional manner generally in anger.
- Sometimes posts may even be of a libellous nature, which we of course have the right to remove, but if already seen by the company in question may leave our Members open to external litigation.
- Should any company mentioned in any post actually see comments of a libellous nature directed against them, they can in the force the TVR Car Club to provide transcripts of threads to be sent to their solicitors, thereby placing our Member once again in a potential legal situation.
- The TVR Car Club regards the No Naming and Shaming Policy therefore, as a protection for the Members and would hope that this policy will be taken in the spirit for which it was intended.